Food Safety Management Systems
Existen varias certificaciones de gran interés para garantizar las buenas prácticas y la inocuidad en el proceso productivo de sus alimentos.
Until a few years ago, every food distributor should do their own audits in order to ensure the quality and safety of their products.
The birth of the certifications of food security provided to the dealers you select the right suppliers of confidence to your food without having to perform a control expensive and comprehensive of them. Today, these protocols have become a strong barrier of entry to be able to export in many countries
ATM Natura, we focus on the normas food security IFS, BRC, ISO 22000 and FSSC, in which we have worked with dozens of clients as a result of our experience in the management Systems
IFS (International Featured Standar) es un protocolo privado de seguridad alimentaria desarrollada por distribuidores alemanes, franceses e italianos con el fin de facilitar a los proveedores para que suministren productos seguros y fiables conforme a las especificaciones del protocolo y a la legislación en seguridad alimentaria. If your goal is to export food products, in many countries, it is necessary to have the IFS certification.
What type of IFS certificates are there?
- IFS FOOD: specific to the agri-food industry, being only applicable to manufacturing companies or packaging of food products.
- IFS LOGISTICS: covers all the activities of logistics as the loading, unloading and transport. The standard can be applied to all means of transport, trucks, trains, boats, airplanes, etc. and any other means of transport in which to apply conditions of controlled temperature or ambient temperature.
- IFS HPC: focused to ensure the safety of the product, reduce costs and ensure transparency with respect to the whole of the production chain products for the home and for personal hygiene.
- IFS BROKER: directed to commercial companies who choose themselves to their suppliers, buy goods themselves or to trade in goods and then shipped directly to their own customers.
This is another important rule of food safety required between many customers and ideal for access to the british market. It has very similar characteristics to IFS and ISO 22000, but presents some peculiarities that distinguishes it.
What kind of certificates BRC are there?
- BRC FOOD: specific to the agri-food industry, being only applicable to manufacturing companies or packaging of food products.
- BRC PACKAGING: provides a guide to safety and quality for the suppliers of food packaging materials.
- BRC STORAGE & DISTRIBUTION: designed to ensure best practices in the storage and distribution of products.
What is the difference between IFS?
Both protocols are focused on suppliers food but follow different criteria and levels of evaluation.
For example, the SYSTEM gives the possibility to obtain your certification, despite the fact that there is a disagreement as long as it can be modified in a period of 28 days, while IFS, it does not contemplate this possibility. Therefore, we can say that the IFS is more strict than the BRC protocol
In addition, the IFS is based on a classification system and score while BRC does not follow that system
It covers the entire food chain, from farmers to supermarkets, with the purpose of ensuring the safety of the food. Your certification required to comply with the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) system and a Management System that is suitable, which allows to every link of the food chain to demonstrate that the products produced are safe for food.
IFS, BRC, ISO 22000, FSSC
What benefits do we gain with certificates in food safety?
Not be certified closes many doors in terms of the distribution of your products and for the growth of the company in general:
More and MORE COMPANIES are required to the certificate for their providers
Therefore, whether it is for a current client or for future contracts, it becomes essential to have this certificate to assure your success.
Reduces failures in the production process, saving these costs
To cover all processes of manufacturing, handling, packaging, distribution and storage of food, reduces the risk of contamination and, consequently, the amount of non-conforming products
ENSURES THAT we COMPLY WITH legislation on Food Safety
The enforcement of the law is a basic requirement for complying with the rule, so that in addition to the certificate, we ensure that we do not take surprises after an inspection
Gives confidence to the consumer
Even if a customer does not put it as a requirement, to have this certification will without a doubt the scales in your favor against the competition when the client has to select a supplier.